what time it is?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

White squalls


Hurricane season here we come. Now don't get me wrong, there definitely aren't any on the horizon, but a few white squalls rip-roarin through. Gotta love those torrential rains that come and disappear in 10 min. The clouds get so nauseated that they just upchuck the rains like mad. Today was work as usual at the Reef...saw more people I hadn't seen since I got back. So that was pretty rad. And oh my goodness, just about gave poor Papi a heart attack. So funny.
Found out today that the tank of our boat has a hole in it (dear Liza dear Liza) and that they need to fly someone in from Miami to fix it - totally whack. So I guess no trips for this week! Hopefully next week will be packed with Deep Sea trips. Worked a full day today - catching up on May's leftovers. And oh ya, I hitch-hiked to work today. An immigration worker picked me up. We had a lovely chat. Nothing sketchy there. Oh, and for lunch I walked across to Little Fosters (yay little Fosters!!!!), or new and only lil' grocery store on East End and I bought a whole roast chicken for lunch. It was SO good and so NOT fried for once! I brought it back and me and Jacqui had a feast. Started to hitch-hike home today but then Jane from OF picked me up before I'd really left the Reef area so that was sweet. When I got home it started pouring but I was determined to go for a bike ride plus I needed a cell top-up so I rode to Texaco in the rain. Then we hooked up my dvd player to our communal tv that the boys set up while I was away and tested it out by watching my uncle's (Dr. Vij Sodera htttp://www.onesmallspeck.com)
dvd on Evolution Impossible. And then a surf video. So all in all, a dec day.
Alright -latah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home