what time it is?

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Almost Drowning

Wow. Has the hurricane past through yet? Ha! Well if that wasn't a hurricane then I don't know what is! I heard the other day that by the time it reaches Yucatan it will be the first named storm of the season. That's why I haven't blogged in the last 3 or 4 days. They disconnected the wireless net cause they didn't want the lighting to strike it again like last year. A couple people were saying the rain seemed worse than Ivan cause when a hurricane comes its out within 24 hours. Anyway, enough about that - it wasn't that bad, just got a bit wet that's all. Even though I like it, I'm glad the rain is stopped cause now maybe our bathroom floor can dry a bit. Water has been leaking like mad from our bathroom ceiling and so the whole floor is flooded. Its just something you get used to though. I can't really remember a time when it was dry anyway. First it was wet cause of the lack of shower curtains, then cause of the leakin toilet, and then because of the jackhammering going on behind our house and now the ceiling. Hmph...
Yesterday was my one day off in the week. I spent the day relaxin and chillin, went for a bike ride to High Rock (with a stop at the local gas station to top up my phone - ah, the simple life!) and then caught a ride to the game with a Canadian who works at the Reef. What a stressful game. I guess there is hope for the Oilers yet - well, sort of. Can't wait for Monday's game. I should have brought an Oilers jersey or something though. We went to Davie Jones. Half the people were Canadians and Americans watching the hockey game and then the other half were Brits and Caymanians watching the Boxing.
Joey was telling me that they've caught 16 Dolphins (not Flipper) in the past 3 weeks. That's a lot of Mahi Mahi. Next time they catch one (when we finally have another trip!) I'll have to post a pic but in the meantime the pic here is from awhile back (January I think).
The weather is all ambiguous today - just like my writing style. Catch ya latah - if I haven't drowned by then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home