what time it is?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Note to Self: Savour the Journey

The doors are always swinging. Some are swinging open, while others are swinging closed. The most challenging thought isn't knowing which one to run through, but to what life it will lead you into. These steps make up the history of your life. It's the not knowing...but then again, it's the thrill of the unknown. It's what keeps your hurt pounding, the hope of what lies beyond; like a book you just can't put down. The pages can't slip through your fingers fast enough. Do you ever stop to think whether it's about the process, the sweat, the journey - or hastening to the end? These doors are a part of our everyday life. No doubt about it. How ridiculous we must look from a bird's eye view. Running to and fro, about in circles. Sprinting through some doors. Stressing out and crying in front of other doors. Getting smacked in the face by some doors because we were just too stubborn to know any different. What do you do when you don't know which doors to go through? Why not ask Him (that is God) who sees the panoramic perspective of your life? After all, you only see the door right in front of your face!

I can certainly relate to this imagery. I find myself once again wondering which door to take in terms of a career. I'm at a standstill with opportunities that present themselves before me. With a diploma of Fashion Business under my belt, I find myself thinking "that's where it belongs for now". You can never stop exploring in life. I've always had a passion for experience, change, and trying new things. I find myself standing before new doors: Animal Biology, Communication Studies, Journalism, Photography, Fine Arts, and Dance. But then again, there is always that blank door, left untitled for what may arise out of the unexpected. I'll begin taking small steps to see which door unlocks, but in the meantime, I find peace in knowing that 'He holds the whole world in His hands'.

Note to self: Savour the journey.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home