what time it is?

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

....that I was 'flyin' high




Well, to describe the 'euphonismed' James Blunt title of today's blog - from readin my last entry I'm thinkin I musta been high on somethin and it sure wasn't sleep. I'm gonna try and bring some sanity back to this blog with a couple straight forward postings. Man, life can be crazy. Even though Toronto is kinda wacked, I think I gotta stay in one place for more than a year. Or that's what I say now...
Well, things are pretty decent right now. I've moved from my ghetto street corner (no na like that) which I guess I kinda miss in a way (but not REALLY) and I'm now a downtown girl. Just call me Becca from the block, I used to have a little now I have a lot. I so know where J-Lo was gettin at wit that one - lol!
My new place is rad - unbelievably rad. You walk into a hotel-style lobby with a fountain, art, floral arrangements etc. and once you get through the gotta love it security you're good to go. I was so lucky to get a 1 bedroom (plus den) pretty high in the building. Some of the suites are kleenex box bachelors but they're still sweet - my friend Ash has one and its good chillin. The amenities are trippin but for real I wish I had the time to use them. Hopefully soon. Who wouldn't love a fitness pool/hot tub, sauna, rollerblade room (what the heck?!), internet/tv/lounge, pool table/tv lounge, party room (fo real), rooftop bbq and I think that's it... Can't really complain!
The security they have is top-notch and a bonus in the big city (cause there are a few crazies here), especially in the party-hard Entertainment District. By the way, I walk over Jim Carrey and other stars daily on the sidewalks of fame. Nothing like walkin all over celebrites - its not just for the paparazzi anymore. Restaurants and clubs are right behind my building - incl. Gretzky's restaurant - ah, makes me feel at home (I guess Edmonton doesn't wanna leave me)! And of course being in the Entertainment District the stadiums are a walk away so I'll be catching some games fa sure. The CN tower is pokin out behind a building, visible from my bedroom window. I also scored a patio...but in the winter where do I shovel the snow -seriously. Speaking of snow, I hear all you rednecks already have like a foot. And Chris ya hoser you ga some crazy metre out there in Whistler already? Sweet powder. Sign me up. Good job. Send some of tha shiznet this way. But I've been told that it doesn't stay white out here. Dirty snow just isn't the same - snowmen can't be brown. Not to be prejudice... I think I just dug myself a hole, ah wha the heck I'm pretty much black at heart anyway so I can say tha.
School is nuts. Its messed. Anything over 3 hours sleep is luxury. And you thought we just read fashion magazines all day. It may appear to be a frivilous industry but hey, we take it seriously. Hard-core.
I know some of ya were wanting to come out and visit throughout the year. I'm making a lil guest cove in my place so company is welcome fa sure. You can pre-book or jus show up -lol! But wait till my furniture comes in the next week at least! My cupboards are empty though so you gotta feed the girl. Don't worry, my appetite has dwindled.
Its mid-term time but its ayt...the weekly/final projects are more stressful than some dumb test. Although I never thought I'd have to know about houpelands, cote-hardies and liripipes. Gotta love the 14 and 15th centuries. This weekend I'm gonna force myself to take some time off to chill. Need to cool out a bit. I don't like runnin in high stress mode -tha na my style. Man, where is my beach. Well, tomorrow is jam packed so I better sign off.... here was my failed attempt at bringing my blog back to normalcy. BTW, the pics above are a couple of views from my brand spankin new condo - I'll post some pics of the condo in due course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home