what time it is?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Love and Marriage


So another reason I came back in August was because another one of my best buds Trav was getting married to a very cool girl who I'm also friends with, Casey. I REALLY wanted to be there on their wedding day cause afterall you don't miss good friends' weddings. For a little while there it looked like finances wouldn't allow. I had just taken a $1500 flight in May and another one right after would have been pretty brutal on the wallet - even though worth it! But, in the end it was truly meant to be cause I was lucky enough that it worked out coming home about a week beforehand because that's how abruptly Cayman ended - and apparently for the better. I was stoked that I could be there and they both looked awesome and it was good times. I love you guys!
Being dateless (come on guys!) I took my friend Jo which was rad. Even my 'wedding friend' (yes that's you Greg!) didn't want to keep me company! But us girls know how to have fun anyway and before the wedding we made our famous Tim Horton's stop and in between the ceremony and reception we cooled out at Joey's on South Side which in my opinion has the best patio in Edmonton. You could even think you were at the beach - if there wasn't pavement and a city right next to you - ha! Oh my. Anyway, I would recommend their seered Ahi Tuna salad (although not quite as good as the the seared yellow fin tuna feast me and Ross would prepare having just got some fresh fish that same day in Cayman) and their frozen peach bellinis hands down - actually, it might be a toss up between them and Moxies. But Joey's does give you the frozen peach slices. Jon, I remember you can appreciate a fine cocktail...you'll have to help me out on that one.
Trav and Casey went to Vancouver for their honeymoon (and chased some orcas in a zodiac!) and are going for a second edition honeymoon to Hawaii next month because KC's bro who lives in Japan is getting married in the tropics - very cool! Anyway, here are some of the pics from the wedding. They looked like a fine couple indeed:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home