what time it is?

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Into the Blue



This post is from yesterday but fa some reason I'm just uploading it now. Cayman time I guess:
Well I've been here almost two weeks again but today was the first time back into the blue. The boys have been out fishin all week (its called fishin not catchin) but of course they won't let me go with them cause I jus the girl. They say girls are bad luck but hey maybe they woulda had better luck this week with me onboard - couldn't have been worse than it was. We had an East End Wreck & Reef Snorkel, but we kinda catered it a little differently cause we had a super small group today. One of the girls
was my twin...so that's the pic to the left. Well, not really twins but she did confuse me for herself if that counts. She said 'we both have the wide hips' to which I was thinkin 'speak for yourself' but I guess I gotta agree wit her there. Being back in Canadia for 5 weeks sure makes you lose your tan fast. So anyway, didn't see much snokeling today. Just a couple of lobsters and the same ole fish - yellow tail snapper, squirrel fish (saw a honkin one of em today), parrot fish, wrasse, fairy basslets. This morning was a crap day but I regained that moment of realization of why I'm out here when I was in my 'uniform' (bikini) hanging off the edge of the boat staring into the blues as we cruised along the reef.
One of the guests from the reef gave me a couple of her home-made
truffles. Me and Jacqui both got them and I chowed down on mine cause they were so good. I didn't go biking tonight (bad I know) cause I just wasn't feelin it. Depending what time Ross' leaving do is tomorrow (free dinner at Kaibo Yacht Club from the gang at OF - technically I'm not OF staff but hey they gotta feed the boy's roomie) then I'll go hard then - probably to Frank Sound again. Speaking of Rosco, we made a quick jaunt to lil' Fosters this morning cause Ross needed milk. I was done sending the boat off by 7:30am and technically I'm not 'supposed' to work until 8:30am (ya right, as if that ever happens-I'm usually out there at 6:20am) so we went to see Alby at Morrits and then to Fosters where Rosco actually bought me a cookie and the lady at the till thought we were brother and sister. And that was all before 8am - you may think life here is laid back but as you can see we don't waste any time. I'll skip the rest of the horrible morning and go straight to supper. Again, Rosco must be in a giving mood cause he's leaving to be wit his girl in Chicago but ya, he actually cooked me supper (actually, he's pretty good at that we've shared meals a few times - and he makes a darn good chilli-eh Ross?) Sign me up. Anyway, it was cajun chicken and shrimp and it was good. Then off to 'Over the Edge' with the OF gang. I'll post pics from that latah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home