what time it is?

Sunday, June 18, 2006

T-shirts are not for the Caribbean


My goodness its smokin hot out. Just went for a short bike ride this evening and its bakin out there still - even when it dark. Only tank tops and bikinis will do - forget the t-shirts that's just foolishness. Remember that next time ya plan a trip here. Wit my air conditioning on full blast I can still only get my room temp down to 83 F today.
So much to blog and so little time - where do I start? First of all, dad you asked what the significance of the pic on the last posting (the abstract shot of the buoy and tie ropes on the back of the boat). No significance whatsoever (I jus like it). Moving on... Well, Thursday night we ended up going to Over the Edge as part of Ross' send-off and also Lou lou's b-day. Got home at sometime after midnight and work the next day at 6:30 - the troubles of not havin your own car!
Let me tell you, the fishin on Friday was madness. They jus lifted em into the boat. And to think they almost didn't go out. The Mahi mahi are running hard now so they caught a couple of them - beautiful fish. They also caught like 5 or 6 tuna. And of course the token barracuda. The cooler was just full. Not the best-ever fishin trip as Joey put it - but I'd have to say pretty darn good. I took a couple pieces home but the tuna still in the fridge as I haven't been home fa a meal lately. Baked the mahi mahi tonight -with some Jamaican piccapeppa. Ya baby.
Friday night was the OF send-off for Ross. We all headed to Kaibo Yacht Club and OF bought us all supper and drinks. It was some good steak - especially when it be free. We chilled there until close and the moved on to Driftwood. Oh and Krista, I gave Frank (the owner of Driftwood for all you who don't know) your message and he says hi. Well, 'hi' and 'can I buy you a drink?' jus like he does.
Sat was a weird feelin. Woke up and said 'mornin' to good ole Rossco for the last time. Me and Jane headed in wit him to the airport. Despite some car over-heatin we made it there and he checked in then we all went for lunch at Sunset House in town - Ike met up wit us too. Fish & Chips, lemonade and choc milkshakes don't really mix. It was nice to just chill there. It was so freakin hot out on Sat. SO HOT. Like you wouldn't believe. Just sweatin. I ain't complainin' though. Then Jane and I dropped Ross off at the airport and that was pretty sad. But he loves Calgary (who know why??? Just kiddin.) so we be meetin up again at some point. Strange to go home to an empty house. The first thing I did in this empty now-boy-free home is bleached everywhere and did some major house cleanin - by far the cleanest it ever been. Before goin out I had to get my clothes washin done across the road which kinda messed up me catching the first part of the Oilers game. Whoa - b4 I go further about the miracle game from heaven I gotta say this - best hitchin luck I had since I got here. On Friday night I needed to get to Kaibo which is about a half hour drive. Jus outside my driveway this couple stopped - I usually have to walk at least to the castle before anyone even passes. They said 'Kaibo is far' to which I replied 'just take me as far as you goin' and turns out they were just goin round the corner but the girlfriend said 'no, I'll make him take you to Kaibo'. So they took me all the way there (half hour drive). I was impressed cause that jus don't happen to often - wit me anyway. And then, on Sat night I needed to get to Over the Edge to meet up with Rob to watch the game and same thing happened, just different person. He was headed round the corner but took me all the way there. Of course he expected a phone number, which is what usually happens, and I once again got the 'I know you, but you don't know me' speech cause people always be seein me here and there. It was creepy the first 20 times, now its jus normal enough. And back to the game. Total madness. By the time I got to Over the Edge the score was already 2 nutin. And Rob had been drinkin since afternoon or so it seemed (he had a good day with timeshare sales)! Yikes, easy on the Jager shots Rob. What a sweet win. For the next game we're going into town to a 'Canadian' bar to watch - probably Legendz. Should be a good time. Especially if they win baby. After last night's game I would expect it. It woulda been fun to be home for that one - but it was still crazy fun here.
And today is Father's day. I jus chilled at work - tons of people at the Reef for the buffet. Miss Jacqueline took me for lunch to Arlain's in her break and then we came back to the Reef to eat it outside which was so great cause its a super nice day. A little tired today cause the last 3 days its been late nights and early mornings.
Something's goin on wit dominos tonight. Granted, on any given night you can see or rather hear a slammin domino match but when I rode out tonight one of my neighbour's seemed to be havin a hard-core tournament with half of East End turnout. And of course there was an intense match happenin at the playing field too. I'm fallin asleep as I write this so its time for me to sign off - peace out.
Hey dad, Happy Father's Day eh? I'll have a Pina colada on the beach to help celebrate! This one's for u!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home