what time it is?

Monday, July 10, 2006

just another day in paradise...




Earthly paradise is overrated. People come to Cayman looking for paradise but they find hell. But hey, I can now say I've been to hell. Hell in paradise? That's a good one for English class. But yes, I've been to hell and back. Trust me, hell is overrated too - I found it quite boring. There wasn't even any fire. The torment was boredom I guess. For those of you who don't know, there is a little place called Hell up in West Bay in Cayman. Its basically a field of ironshore. There is a shop (which I didn't go in) where you can buy souvenirs that say 'I've been to Hell and back'. You can also get a postcard stamped by the hell post office. My favorite part was on the side of the shop it said something like 'Jesus died for us all so give him your heart and go to Heaven'. I didn't have my camera, but its not always easy to capture the supernatural on film anyway - but here are some pics from the net. Hell is real guys, and to sum it up like it says on one of the tourist websites: 'The road to Hell is not paved with good intentions, it is paved with ashphalt'.

Since I was in Westbay anyway, I checked out the turtle farm as well. Its illegal to catch turtle from the ocean but the turtle farm uses half their turtles for food and half to release back into the wild. An I only tried turtle once when I first got here. If I remember correctly, it tasted like beefy-chickeny-fish. I na sayin it was bad, I jus sayin it didn't leave a lasting impression either way - I'll have to try it again and I'll get back to you on that one. Here are some pics from the net:















I forgot to give comparison pics of the hair on the last blog, so to sign off tonight, more pics of me that you didn't really want to see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home